Monday, September 14, 2009

Recreation



These images are a recreation of other images. My instructors at the Defense Information School in Ft. Meade chose images they would like us to re-create. When given the images I was told I was not able to use cigarette smoke.

The original smoke image had smoke coming out of the ladies mouth and wrapping around so I was slightly discouraged. I tried thinking of everything that could slightly mimmick the idea and ended up choosing incense. I had an incense burning and an assistant moving it. The entire shoot was done in my Army barracks room with 2 580 EX II Speedlights for the side highlights and 2 Modeling lights with a cyan gel over the front of them that creates a little bit of a glow on her front side.

The Pre-Production is what had taken the longest. Once the Makeup, lighting set up and pose was all set adding the smoke was a flash and the images came like candy. It was such a fun and interesting shoot. I would love to try to recreate it even better one day.

The second image is set at a shutter speed of 1/20th of a second and a small aperture. I wanted her to be in as much focus as possible and for the manly stalkers to be somewhat blurred. I had a single 580 EX II Speedlight on them to help stop the action and just asked my model to stay as still as possible, which was difficult due to the wind, but the wind added with some beautiful hair blowin makeing the image more complete!

No comments: